It was not because they were the strongest, brightest, or the
most in number.
They were not the most popular, nor were the odds seemingly
ever in their favor.
Wind conditions were often contrary, and violent storms fueled
Yet God’s people were delivered …
- not by silver,
- not by gold,
- nor by their own might.
They were delivered because
they had put their trust -- in Him.
- 1 Chronicles 5 verse 20 And they were helped against them,
and the Hagarites were delivered into their hand, and all that
were with them: for they cried to God in the battle, and he was
intreated of them; because they put their trust in him.
3. But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4. Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver
39. But the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their
strength in the time of trouble.
40. And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall
deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust
- Proverbs 30 verse 5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield
unto them that put their trust in him.
- Daniel 3 verse 28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said,
Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who
hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in
him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies,
that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own
19. Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in
haste unto the den of lions.
20. And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable
voice unto Daniel: and the king spake and said to Daniel, O
Daniel, servant of the living God, is thy God, whom thou servest
continually, able to deliver thee from the lions?
21. Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
22. My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths,
that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency
was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no
23. Then was the king exceeding glad for him, and commanded
that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was
taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon
him, because he believed in his God.
|#24 Storms in High Places
Because of Trust
by Sharon Johnson | 06-15-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
Note ... Belief, Trust and Deliverance.
|#19 Abiding in Faith
Days Like These
|#47 In the Midst of Change