Even the best of memories can blur or fade with time if not
kept alive. Recalling and speaking about the things that God
has done in one’s life is extremely important. It is vital not only
in difficult times, but even more so when all is going well.
Keeping these memories alive reminds us of His presence, His
strength and helps propel us from faith to faith. This also
applies to His Word, if not held in clear memory, it can be
distorted and/or forgotten after all that He has done.
Hold on to every precious memory of God moving and working
in your life. Preserve and treasure the memories of His love,
mercy and grace. It just may be the very thing you need to
help you recover from days past and to overcome today,
tomorrow, and each day thereafter.
Bible Reference: Kings James Version
Scriptures to study:
- Lamentations 3 verses 21-23
21. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22. It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed,
because his compassions fail not.
23. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
- Psalms 20 verse 7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses:
but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
9. Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up
his tender mercies? Selah.
10. And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years
of the right hand of the most High.
11. I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember
thy wonders of old.
12. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.
- Psalms 111 verse 4 He hath made his wonderful works to be
remembered: the Lord is gracious and full of compassion.
- Psalms 119 verse 52 I remembered thy judgments of old, O
Lord; and have comforted myself.
by Sharon Johnson | 08-01-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
Recall and Recover.
|#38b When the Loss is