Christ the same yesterday, today and forever.
The world outside of Christ is cold and hard. It offers no
guarantees except that its rewards are short lived and the cost
for sin will be so high that it will jeopardize all that one holds
dear, some have lost everything.
Christ, on the other hand, has His own world with lots of
benefits that exceed and outlast the cold hard rewards of the
- He offers a restful and peaceful place in Him where one
can safely abide without fear of being displaced.
- He offers stability; He is the same, yesterday, today and
forever. He has never broken a promise.
- He is trustworthy, to hope in Him, is to trust in His Word,
which can not be altered.
He guaranteed that life in general would not be without pain
and suffering of some kind. It’s just a fact of everyday living,
whether in or out, no one is immune from the rigors of life.
The difference is we can trust and hold on to Him while He is
comforting and holding on to us.
Hope for Today
by Sharon Johnson | 08-05-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
Bible Reference: King James Version
Scripture to study … Rewards:
- Romans 6 verse 23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of
God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
24. By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be
called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;
25. Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God,
than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26. Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the
treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the
Scripture to study … Security & Stability:
1. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall
abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God;
in him will I trust.
3. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and
from the noisome pestilence.
4. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings
shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow
that flieth by day;
6. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the
destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- Hebrews 13 verse 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to
day, and for ever.
Scripture to study … Trust:
7. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a
roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9. Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same
afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
- 1 Timothy 6 verse 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on
eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a
good profession before many witnesses.
17. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs
of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an
18. That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for
God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for
refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
19. Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and
stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;