The stories are endless. The painful injuries and wounds of life
are universal having no boundaries. Though some have given
their lives willingly for the cause of Christ, yet so many more have
suffered grievously by the causes and intents of someone else’s
personal agenda, often at the expense of Christ. Without
Christ's intervention, the trauma to one’s mind and spirit from
such experiences can be so distressing it can lead to a decline
in physical health as well as, influence severe emotional and
psychological effects, again at the expense of Christ.
- And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands?
Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the
house of my friends. -- Zechariah 13 verse 6
The whole idea of coming to Christ was His display of love and
compassion for every individual soul, no matter what their
condition. He demonstrated by the power of His Spirit, He could
heal and correct whatever problem one had, and then instruct
them by His Word as to how to maintain the freedom He had just
given them. Whenever a problem occurred, it was not because
His Love, His Word or His Spirit had failed them; rather it was
more often due to the mistakes of zeal without knowledge by
some (whether they thought they were doing God a favor in
correcting a matter, or just wanting to make a power point by
teaching someone a “lesson“, the aftermath can resemble that of
a bitter war) or by the failed love in others intent on advancing
their own personal crusades and motives over His, injuring and
offending countless souls in the process at the expense of
- These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
- They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that
whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
- For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according
- For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to
establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves
unto the righteousness of God. -- Romans 10 verses 2-3
Such injustices in the name of Christ are never overlooked,
though He may allow it to persist for a long duration of time,
according to His own purpose which we don’t always see or
understand on the front end. This is where one’s faith must
come to the forefront, trusting in the truth of His Word to prevail;
otherwise the strength to hold on will be weakened by the
disappointment, frustration and the overwhelming sorrow of it all.
- Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
- Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered
shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
- In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils
by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the
city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among
- In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and
thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
- Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me
daily, the care of all the churches. -- 2 Corinthians 11 verses 24-28
- But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto
myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry,
which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the
grace of God.-- Acts 20 verse 24
Christ understands our fragile frame at His own personal
expense. Though He redeemed us through His death, He yet
suffers the loss when a soul is mistreated, misguided and/or
driven away and will go to great lengths to find, rescue and
restore them, if they are willing, knowing it takes time to grow,
develop and heal.
- Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that
offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
- The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are
oppressed. -- Psalms 103 verse 6
- The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count
slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any
should perish but that all should come to repentance.
Misunderstanding, mistakes, poor judgment, and doing the right
thing the wrong way, are just a few common characteristics of our
humanity. Although love, forgiveness, wisdom and truth are
characteristic of His Spirit, He offers so much more. With Christ,
healing, restoration and reconciliation are just a few of the many
benefits available to us through His Spirit, to inspire us to
continue following Him.
- Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
- The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped
- Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully
- For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears,
and my feet from falling.
- I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
Life outside of Christ doesn’t eliminate hurts, problems and
stresses, nor relieve life’s burdens. Instead, He gave us His
Word, His Spirit, His Love and Grace to overcome them.
- Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
- These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have
peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer;
I have overcome the world. -- John 16 verse 33
- He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the
churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life,
which is in the midst of the paradise of God. -- Revelation 2 verse 7
Though wounded, scarred and frightened, God cares,
understands and loves you nevertheless. He is a specialist in
healing the wounds of life.
Bible Reference: King James Version
The Benefits and Inspiration to continue on …
- Scriptures to Reference: Psalms 103 verses 1-22
1. Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his
2. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3. Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4. Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with
lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is
renewed like the eagle's.
6. The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are
7. He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children
8. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous
9. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
10. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us
according to our iniquities.
11. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy
toward them that fear him.
12. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our
transgressions from us.
13. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that
14. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
15. As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he
16. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place
thereof shall know it no more.
17. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon
them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
18. To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his
commandments to do them.
19. The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his
kingdom ruleth over all.
20. Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his
commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.
21. Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do
22. Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless
the Lord, O my soul.
Wounded in the house of my friends.
Wounds of Life
by Sharon Johnson | 08-09-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
|#19 Abiding in Faith
Includes Days Like These