Sufficient space is essential for proper growth and
No matter how comfortably confined, without room to grow to
stretch your mind and talents, what was once an ideal situation
can turn stagnate, squeezing out anything and everything that
makes for progress, even life itself.
Without room for joy, love and praise for God to expand,
discontentment subtly settles like a thorn in the side,
eventually reflecting a countenance pinched with
dissatisfactions and regrets.
Journeying beyond the nest of familiarity, naturally comes with
its own basket of anxiety and stress of the unknown. However,
to miss the move of God, can leave one speechless.
Bible Reference: King James Version
Scriptures to Reference:
7. Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his
8. Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of
temptation in the wilderness:
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that
cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder
of them that diligently seek him.
7. By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet,
moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by
the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the
righteousness which is by faith.
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place
which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he
went out, not knowing whither he went.
- Deuteronomy 19 verses 8-9
8. And if the Lord thy God enlarge thy coast, as he hath sworn
unto thy fathers, and give thee all the land which he promised to
give unto thy fathers;
9. If thou shalt keep all these commandments to do them, which
I command thee this day, to love the Lord thy God, and to walk
ever in his ways; then shalt thou add three cities more for thee
beside these three:
- 2 Samuel 22 verse 37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me;
so that my feet did not slip.
- 1 Chronicles 4 verse 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel,
saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my
coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou
wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God
granted him that which he requested.
Room to Grow
by Sharon Johnson | 08-10-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
Expanding in God.
|#33 Distressed, Troubled
or in Despair?
|#44 Standing Strong in
#3 Those Are Not My Shoes