Along the edge of the fence, the surface is harder, dryer,
grass is sparse and in some spots there’s nothing but plain
dirt, all for a lack of water and nutrients. It’s not the place to
forage. If he would just turnaround, he’d see the grass is
clearly greener and thicker inside his own domain.
What he’s reaching for was obviously planted just beyond his
reach to lure him outside the protector’s hedge. Once outside
his protected area, he could easily be led away, injured, lost
and/or become a prey.
God never intended us to live, thrive and prosper along the
edge of the fence.
Food for thought, words to ponder.
- And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that
cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth
on me shall never thirst. -- John 6 verse 35
Bible Reference: King James Version
Scriptures to Reference …
- 2 Corinthians 3 verse 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where
the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
- Philippians 4 verse 11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I
have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
- 1 John 1 verse 5 This then is the message which we have
heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him
is no darkness at all.
- 1 John 3 verse 5 And ye know that he was manifested to take
away our sins; and in him is no sin.
- Matthew 5 verse 6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst
after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
- John 7 verse 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath
said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
What’s wrong with this picture?
by Sharon Johnson | 08-16-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
Contentment is Bliss.