Faith and Leadership ... He leads, we follow.
God gives you His approval to go and directs to cross over.
Starting out there’s great enthusiasm, expectation and zeal.
Then you hit the fog, vision and clarity are impaired and
negative emotions rise to fuel reactions of doubt. What do you
- Stop and refuse to go any further.
- Go a different direction.
- Keep going forward.
Frustration, panic and fear are common enemies of God’s
Word. Our mind is just naturally use to relying on cues from
our five senses, especially eyesight. Functioning by faith and
obedience to God’s Word transcends our natural realm to fuel
reactions of belief in His promises. Faith doesn't dismiss the
existence of the fog, it sees through it, zooming in and holding
on to the realm and commands of God which are infallible.
Knowing by faith that the fog itself is subject to God, it too rolls
in and out on His command.
The challenge is not the obstacle, for He already knew the fog
would be there. The real test question is …
- Will we obey, trusting in His Word, in spite of everything
- Will we grumble, doubting His leadership and not
complete the task?
- Will He need to find someone else to complete the job,
giving them the blessing instead?
God’s leadership has the foresight to guide and direct, as well
as, the power to influence people and situations according to
His purpose. His track record for doing so dates back to the
beginning of time.
Bible Reference: King James Version
Scriptures to Reference …
Obstacle: No Water …
- Deuteronomy 8 verses 15-16
15. Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness,
wherein were fiery serpents, and scorpions, and drought, where
there was no water; who brought thee forth water out of the rock
16. Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers
knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove
thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;
Obstacle: Contrary Wind …
- Mark 6 verse 48 And he saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind
was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night
he cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have
passed by them.
Obstacle: Rejection with Delayed Results …
2. Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy
brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of
Israel out of his land.
3. And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and
my wonders in the land of Egypt.
4. But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my
hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people
the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
5. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the Lord, when I stretch
forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel
from among them.
6. And Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded them, so
by Sharon Johnson | 08-17-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
|#19 Abiding in Faith
Includes Days Like These