And we know that all things work together for good to them that
love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
--Romans 8 verse 28
Often times it hard to imagine how our disappointments can
work to our advantage. It’s difficult at times to make sense out
of the scrambled pieces of our lives. With one step forward
and three steps to the left when wanting to go right is
frustrating to say the least. Life has so many variables and
the pieces don‘t always connect or add up. Like a board
game, it’s not always so simple to keep building on to things
that keep changing on every turn.
- How do you unscramble good intentions that turned out
- Can denial be reversed?
- Can life be revitalized out of ruin?
- When words are few, what word do you use to do it?
While it’s impossible for us to figure out every detail of life,
there is one who can. Jesus. His name is the one word that
can unscramble all the chaotic and hurtful pieces of our lives.
Jesus is the only one that can heal the failure of denial and
reinstate broken remains. Jesus is the only one that can
effectively use the very same pieces to transform an individual
into an inspiring light. The bonus is seeing Jesus do the same
in the lives of others.
Bible Reference: King James Version
Scriptures to Reference …
NOTE: They had good intentions, but it wasn't enough …
- Matthew 26 verses 31-35, 55-56, and 73-75
31. Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended
because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the
shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
32. But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
33. Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be
offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
34. Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night,
before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
35. Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I
not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.
55. In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come
out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat
daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.
56. But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets
might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.
73. And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said
to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech
74. Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the
man. And immediately the cock crew.
75. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto
him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went
out, and wept bitterly.
NOTE: Out of devastating failures, with lives scrambled and a
situation seemingly in a state of ruin, they begin anew. BONUS: All
disciples that failed and abandoned Christ at The Cross are restored.
PETER is the first one Christ uses in ministry to lead the way.
- Acts 2 verses 1-7, and 14
1. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all
with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a
rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were
3. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire,
and it sat upon each of them.
4. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to
speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out
of every nation under heaven.
6. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came
together, and were confounded, because that every man heard
them speak in his own language.
7. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to
another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and
said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at
Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
NOTE: After restored and empowered, PETER effectively functions in
HIS CALLING … yet the glory is to Jesus Christ for making people
whole. BONUS: Many turning to Christ.
32. And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all
quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.
33. And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had
kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy.
34. And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee
whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.
35. And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to
|#20 Victory in the Games
All Things Unscrambled
by Sharon Johnson | 08-19-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
The Bonus is Jesus Christ.