For better or worse, time brings on a change. Time can be
like a friend working for us or our worst enemy working against
us. To a great degree, we determine which course it will take
by how we process it. Will we allow time to rob our health and
hope, or harness it to enrich our faith and fuel our dreams? At
the end of the day, will time make us bitter or sweet?
Timing is crucial to every believer in Christ. Distractions,
disappointments, setbacks, delays, detours and roadblocks
are all time consuming situations that can either be received
as building blocks for faith, or as a wrecking ball demolishing
and crushing hope and trust in God’s Word. Our adversary
understands this and waits for the perfect time to implement
his attack plan.
- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it
more abundantly. --John 10 verse 10
The life which Christ gives and all the benefits that go along
with it are so valuable, our adversary the thief, doesn't just
want to steal it, but would rather kill and destroy it altogether.
He does this by making use of present time through anxiety,
depression, stress, fear, failures of all sorts, discouragement,
hindrances, offenses and the like to overthrow one's faith and
stand in Christ to give him a stronghold on their destiny. In the
process of time, if he can destroy or severely damage the
essential delicate qualities of the Spirit within ...
- (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness
and truth; -- Ephesians 5 verse 9)
... he can then spin it to …
- Wipe out dreams, hopes and a promising future.
- Obliterate the primary relationship between God and
- Prevent or block a healthy self-esteem and confidence
- Steal knowledge of the Word of Truth.
- Eliminate strength and communication through Prayer.
Destruction by any means possible is the thief’s ultimate goal,
even tapping in on good times when all is well to cause
devastating distractions and to steal focus off the clock.
- Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth
- But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in
what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and
would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
- Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not
the Son of man cometh. -- Matthew 24 verses 42-44
Time is intangible, yet it will produce tangible results. God
gave everyone freewill and the privilege of choice to decide for
themselves what those results will turn out to be in time.
Use it wisely.
Bible Reference: King James Version
Scriptures to Reference …
NOTE: The delicate Fruits of the Spirit …
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith,
23. Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
- Ephesians 5 verse 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness
and righteousness and truth;)
NOTE: Time works both ways …for or against.
36. And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when
he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and
knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37. Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh
shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself,
and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and
38. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the
third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known
what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not
have suffered his house to be broken through.
40. Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an
hour when ye think not.
- 1 Thessalonians 5 verses 1-6
2. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so
cometh as a thief in the night.
3. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden
destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with
child; and they shall not escape.
4. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should
overtake you as a thief.
5. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we
are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and
- 2 Peter 3 verse 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in
the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great
noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth
also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
- Revelation 3 verse 3 Remember therefore how thou hast
received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou
shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not
know what hour I will come upon thee.
NOTE: Time and Prayer work together …
35. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the
face of the whole earth.
36. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be
accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to
pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
The Time Factor
by Sharon Johnson | 08-24-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
Watch the clock, timing is crucial.
|#33 Distressed, Troubled
or in Despair?
|#7 Accusers, Doubters