Rock climbers know that some of the most popular climbing
destinations have established routes already charted and set
by those who have gone before them. They can either follow
the course or set out on their own and trail blaze a new one.
Either way, it will take … advance preparation, proper
knowledge, refined skill, great concentration and extreme
- This is not the place for the faint-hearted.
- The elevation is high and the air is light.
- The risk is great and injuries happen.
- Storms and high winds can occur without notice.
- If anything goes wrong, it’s their responsibility to figure it
out. Rescue attempts take time, if at all.
- The masses are not up there. If any, they’re usually
found near the base of the mountain sightseeing.
Similarly, high achievers in Christ know that following His
established route is the only way to ascend.
- It’s a high calling with much at stake, there’s no room for
- His route is not the easiest, fastest or the most popular.
Absolute necessities such as faith, trust, hope, His Word
and The Holy Spirit are all that can be carried up. All
unnecessary baggage must be left behind.
- Along the upward way are unforeseen twists and turns
to challenge and stretch our faith. Cuts and bruises are
common stumbling blocks to hinder advancement with
contrary winds blowing more frequently and intensely
the higher you go and closer you get in reaching the
goal. It all comes with the territory, yet Christ is always
there administering to the need. He never leaves
anyone alone to scale the rock on their own.
It’s an extraordinary adventure with sky high rewards to stand
with Christ at the top of the world.
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God
in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 3 verse 14
Bible Reference: King James Version
Scriptures to Reference:
13. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is
the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go
14. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which
leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
5. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest;
and how can we know the way?
6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no
man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- 1 Corinthians 9 verses 26-27
26. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one
that beateth the air:
27. But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest
that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself
should be a castaway.
by Sharon Johnson | 09-07-08
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California
The High Calling of Christ.
|#24 Storms in High Places
|#19 Abiding in Faith
Includes Days Like These ...