Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have
compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me
now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send
them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.
-- Matthew 15 verse 32 (Kings James Bible)
Whether it is just one or a multitude, Jesus cares about
those who stay the course to follow Him.
Even though He clearly understood the needs of the
people and the sacrifices they had made, it was
because they did not leave His presence to find
substance on their own that they received a special
blessing. With compassion, Jesus made the decision
not to send them away weak and empty. Instead, using
the little that they had, He created such abundance for
them that none left empty. He blessed all that were
present until they were completely full.
The same is yet true today. His compassion fails not for May God’s Word be your guide every day.
us too. Walking with Christ is a journey like no other
with opportunities to exit all along the way. However, the
reward for continuing to follow Him, even through times
of inconvenience and unsuitable circumstances, will
always be in His presence but never outside of it.
Word of the Day ... Compassion
Monday, December 1, 2008
For further study and inspiration:
33. And his disciples say unto him, Whence should we have so
much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
34. And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And
they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
35. And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
36. And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave
thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the
disciples to the multitude.
37. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the
broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
38. And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside
women and children.
39. And he sent away the multitude, and took ship, and came
into the coasts of Magdala.
|© 2008-2013 Uplifting Word - All Rights Reserved. | UpliftingWord.com | Fresno, California